Saturday, September 6, 2014

Maldives Is Paradise!

There is a saying in India that goes like this: "If you wish to go to heaven, then you have to die first." Having twice been to Maldives, I have altered this saying a bit. Now I say to my friends: "If you wish to go to heaven, then all you have to do is to go to Maldives." Really, there is no other way to be in paradise than to be in this tiny island country, which is 99 per cent water and just one per cent land. When you reach there and open your eyes to a wonderful, mesmerising world spread before you, you just cannot help wondering which one of those over 1100 islands God must have chosen as His abode. Surely, you feel as if He is somewhere out there, since otherwise a landscape can't be so serene as to fill you with piety and an air can't be so crisp and refreshing as to invigorate you completely.
    The best thing about Maldives is that the moment you put your foot on it, it binds you for forever. In the beginning everything looks so lilliputian - tiny airport, tiny islands, tiny capital city, tiny population. But as you start becoming some moments older in the country, everything starts coming to you in grand proportions - broad smiles, large-hearted people, sweeping vistas, vast expanse of bluish water, great beaches, great food, the warmest of hospitality, to name a few. And that was why I could not stop myself from coming to this country for a second time. An opportunity paved the way for my second visit to Maldives, and I didn't think twice before packing my bags. And may be very soon I would be on my third voyage to the Maldivian archipelago, courtesy Crown Tours.
   
And now coming back to the point with which I had started sharing my thoughts and views with you. What could be a better way to witness this paradise than to be airborne while riding one of those little yellow-and-blue seaplanes? Absolutely nothing!!! So folks, go pack your stuff, catch your flight and be there in Maldives soon. You will surely be welcomed with a warm smile and your passport  stamped with a free visa-on-arrival in no time.

posted by
AJAY K GARG
www.terrahopper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Tags